Kuma's Place: Tiny Bubbles
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 08, 2006

Tiny Bubbles


Remember when the hardest thing in your life was trying to catch those tiny bubbles? You marveled at their irridescent colors and how perfect their shape was and you giggled at the feel of them upon your skin. As a young child I could spend hours chasing after those bubbles or gaze upwards into the cascading rainbow that my mother would blow for me from the dipping stick.
My brother and I would chase after them trying to grasp them in our hands giggling all the while as they popped on our fingertips or slopped on the on the ground or burst on our upturned faces with our eyes screwed tightly shut and big grins plastered on our faces. We'd scramble towards our mother, aunt, babysitter or whomever was making theses wonderful crystal-like creations with gleeful shouts as soon as we saw the bottle of bubble liquid or even the pan of dish detergent sitting on the warn sidewalk, knowing what was coming next! Always hoping to snatch the next ones in our hands or even hoping to catch one in our mouths like a snowflake! But knowing that these round floating rainbows taste like soap and absolutely nothing like anything remotely sweet, we would still chase after them open mouthed in our enthusiasm to have one land on our tongues.
I blow bubbles for my Tiger to see the same innocent joy on his face & to hear the same glee in his voice that was in mine at his age as he chases after those tiny bubbles.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Tiny Bubbles"

 

Blogger Mia said ... (2:25 PM) : 

I still love blowing bubbles. If we ever meet during the warm weather months take a look in by back pack..lol I carry a bubble wand and bubble solution with me at all times just in case I need a break.

 

post a comment