Kuma's Place: Bird Flu Hits Florida
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 08, 2006

Bird Flu Hits Florida


I received an email with this headline and that picture. Nice huh? Well, what do you expect for a state full of transplanted northerners & trailer parks? Did you think these were going to be penguins or something? Not likely! Actually, if you go into any self respecting Home Depot, Walmart, Lowe's, or Ace Hardware &you'll see that they do sell these infernal pesky plastic pink flamingos. I thought these things went out of style back in the 80's? Nope! I drove along A1A a few years ago & in a big field in front of an adult toy establishment, there were hundreds of his critters lined up in rows! OMG! Yup, right out in front of the parking lot alongside of the Raddisson Resort. Nice. I am so proud of the state I call my home. Sigh. Our state bird is actally the mockingbird, but I think we'd have been better off if it was this annoying piece of plastic instead. If you ask any toutist on the street, it's what they assume is our state avian symbol! Sigh. Welcome to the Sunshine State.

Comments on "Bird Flu Hits Florida"

 

Blogger Mia said ... (2:25 PM) : 

LMao I still love this pic!

 

post a comment