Kuma's Place: Princess Pandora
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 23, 2007

Princess Pandora


She was my everything, my sweet Princess Pandora. Her & her half sister Persephone came into my life in 1992. I loved those two from the moment they became my babies. They moved with me everywhere, never complaining, always causing trouble with a sneaky feline superiority. They watched over Kini as a puppy & Buster, as well Kuma. Perse my screen slicer & tree climber and constant trouble maker- she's been so missed these last three years. But Pandora, my sweet Princess Pan & royal flower eater & fern stalker, she stuck through it all. Bouts of her hair loss & depression at losing her sister, my ex husband & his dog moving out, the KC Fat Tiger becoming part of our family forever, all the dogs I've babysat as well as the three feline terrorists that now reside with us. My surgeries, losses, triumphs, & so much more. Always there for me with her deep rumbling purr and her dainty paws. She would lie in my hair at night to sleep so she could be near me and her happiness at finding that she could trust & care for my husband-who spoiled her tenderly. She gained back all her lost weight & all of her hair over these past months and never seemed to be in any pain and was eating well. But in the last 2 days, she can hardly meow-it sounds like a weak echo of her former call. Her backbone is so prominent now & she practically screams if you pick her up gently. I can't let my sweet Princess live in pain like that. I have always said that any beloved baby of mine would live comfortably until there is no quality of life left. It's hard to let her go but it hurts worse to keep her like this. I've always hoped that she would go in her sleep and these last two days, she's kind of just given up. For people who say that cats & dogs are just pets, I say shit on you. They're my babies, my companions, my friends, and it hurts so very much to let go of and lose that friend. Sleep well my Princess Pan, you'll be forever in my heart until I see you once more to hold you in my arms & feel your paws in my hair again.

Labels:

Comments on "Princess Pandora"

 

Blogger Mia said ... (2:49 AM) : 

Oh Dannie I am so very sorry. You were both blessed to be a part of each others lives. I'm sure there's a big ball of yarn and catnip waiting for her in her special corner of heaven.

 

post a comment