Kuma's Place: Daddy's Shoes
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 05, 2006

Daddy's Shoes


What's so special about daddy's shoes? To this little guy everything. He slips into them & he becomes his daddy: parading around the house, master of his domain. He figures that once he has his feet in any pair of shoes that belong to his dad, whether they are yard togs, work boots, house slippers, it doesn't matter, it gives him the divine right to stay up late, not eat his peas, put his feet on the furniture, & wag his finger no at his mommy.
And of course, there is a yellow lab dog that follows along behind him wagging his tail in absolute agreement with whatever the boy wonder comes up with for the day.
It doesn't matter to Wonder Boy that the shoes may be practically 3 times the size of his feet, he loves to slip into them almost the minute his dady takes them off or if he finds an abandoned pair cast to the side somewhere in the house, he's worse then the dog about swiping them! Granted he at least doesn't slobber all over them, but it can be just as hard to find the shoes when he's done playing in his imaginary world with them! If they are his daddy's work boots, then Boy Wonder becomes a paramedic on Life Flight helicopter just like his pop & wooshes all over the living room making whoop whoop noises like helicopter blades. If it's the yard togs, then you are expected to help him mow the "lawn" in the dining room alongside of him.
I guess there is nothing better than daddy's shoes, because I remember wearing my daddy's shoes alongside of my brother & we'd pretend to be policemen or snowmobilers just like our daddy, depending on which shoes we happened upon in our play while pops was taking a nap in the other room or at work.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Daddy's Shoes"

 

Blogger Mia said ... (3:59 PM) : 

This was fantastic. I remember playing in my daddy's shoes and trying not to break my neck in mommy's heels...lol

 

post a comment