Kuma's Place: I Sold My Soul to the Devil This Weekend
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 26, 2007

I Sold My Soul to the Devil This Weekend


Yes I really did. My stepson wanted to go to Medieval Times Dinner Show for his 9Th birthday like he does every year. This time with a little friend of his. Oh My God! Medieval Times can be fun if you know nothing of historical reenactment. http://www.medievaltimes.com/ but for one such as myself, who used to belong to a medieval re creationist group for many years, this was shear murder. I felt like I sold my soul to the devil to go to this thing & motgaged my house to pay for it as well! And with my OCD, I have a hard time just sitting back & enjoying it for what it's worth- a dinner show. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I just can't do it! And because I am also such a gourmand- No I have to pull apart their food as well. I mean come on, I spent six months once researching & documenting a full meal on Cornish game hens & rabbit-how they are raised, fed, killed, prepared, and served at a royal feast when my brother was on the throne in our area of the reenactment group-just because I am a perfectionist. Sue me. ok ok, enough on that. Not only is the Florida MT the flagship & largest of all the dinner shows of this establishment, it likes to sink it's teeth in to your purse/ pockets & suck you dry of every last penny! They sell everything from wooden swords, axes, daggers, & shields to trinkets, photo ops with the "royalty" and shots (for adults to deaden their senses thank god) and light up swords & twirly gigs that kids just CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT that will be forgotten the moment they get home! But of course, the little buggers. I will admit that Austin & his friend had a blast though, booing every night that wasn't theirs and screaming themselves hoarse for their red & yellow knight. I always pay the extra fee & upgrade us to the front row "royalty" section so we're right in front because who wants to sit in the nose bleed seats right? But I usually end up with a screeching headache & a horrid case of the twitchy OCD's because of the injustice of the non historical incorrectness of it all. :) That's ok. To a 9 year old little boy, those choreographed sword fights look real. When he's bigger & stronger, and I am physically back up to snuff, I'll take him out into the back yard & teach him ho to really sword fight with rattan weapons & give him a good thumping on the arse-without child protective services screaming down my back because it's legal In the SCA to teach sword craft in such a way.

Labels:

Comments on "I Sold My Soul to the Devil This Weekend"

 

Blogger Mia said ... (6:25 AM) : 

I love these places they are so corny!

 

Blogger DannieS72 said ... (1:05 AM) : 

I know! LOL

 

post a comment