Kuma's Place: What do you do when it hurts so much to let go?
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 27, 2007

What do you do when it hurts so much to let go?


She is the love of my young adult life. The last vestige of a past I have treasured for the most part. A reminder, a link, a part of my soul. A big piece of my life goes with her when she is gone. I can't believe that Iwrote THIS a year ago when I was absolutely terrified I was losing her because she'd fallen into the pool at my mom's house & ended up having another stroke. It took her almost a week to kick back into her original frame of mind, and it was a rough go that whole week for me when I had debated to take her to the vet one final time. She stayed with me a whole year and 2 months more after that fateful day! I've loved them all as my own children. Each with their own personalities & behaviors. Each leaving an indelible stamp on my heart. For every "child" I raised & loved & watched pass on & leave me behind, I think this one hurts the most by far. My daughter. My companion. My best friend. My savior. My soul. I love you. I will always remember you my sweet Kini. Thank you for staying with me for so long, much longer then you should have. I am grateful for it and for you having been in my life. Be free of pain, free of the mortal coils of this life. Romp, run, play. I'll see again my precious poodle.
Beach Baby's Black Bikini Ardynis. RIP

Labels:

Comments on "What do you do when it hurts so much to let go?"

 

post a comment