Kuma's Place: Hotel deadbolts are NOT just for asthetics!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hotel deadbolts are NOT just for asthetics!

I am more then halfway through my study close outs at 10 sites. Sigh. As of today I'm in Florida. until tomorrow then next it's Rhode Island & South Carolina and then I'm DONE!! Traveling for a little while at least. LOL. So I had the most fun today. Traveling for me is an interesting experience to say the least. Never a dull moment by any means. Although I went to two new airports today (Philadelphia & State College) I did nnot fall in either! woooohoooooooooo! Oh no, an even better experience awaited me at my hotel! Read on & see! By the way people, hotel room deadbolts are NOT just for looks! USE THEM!
Now, I have seen this happen once recently & have heard of it a bunch of times but have never had it happen to me. Till now.
Last week I was in Pennsylvania going to two sites and I checked in to my hotel Monday and looked forward to throwing my stuff in the room & going across the street to grab a bite to eat. I lug my bag & computer case down the hall, balancing my cup of coffee in my hand while pulling the bags. I fumble with the key card & get it to open the door. I start to walk in the room and think nothing of the cold room (sometimes housekeeping does that) and ignore the LOUD TV thinking it’s coming from next door. I walk in to find two VERY surprised people in a manner that is worthy of any adult movie store poster.

What would you have done or said at this point? "Excuse me folks?" or "oops my bad" or "I’m sorry" or blushed? Then you aren’t me are you?

I proceed to drop my coffee, mumble a slight profanity ( I had that cup fixed up just perfect too!) & the only thing I can say to these people: Have you ever heard of using the deadbolts & safety latch people? I get back down to the front desk & the guy won’t even look at me without cringing. I say to him: I take it room 223 just called down here ahead of me huh? He is beat red & hands me a new key. I ask him : no surprises in this one ok? I’m going to try & get a new cup of coffee. I left my other one in their room. You realize this happened because my flights went too well to get up here. Only a 9 minute delay in my originating city. That’s a new record for me! Happy Monday!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Hotel deadbolts are NOT just for asthetics!"

 

post a comment