Kuma's Place: Ring Ring- Hello?
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ring Ring- Hello?

That was me yesterday when our home phone rang at 3:30 pm. I was working from home and usually I tend to ignore the home phone during "working hours" and let the machine pick up (hey, if I WAS at an office-I wouldn't be there to pick it up rightBut I decided to answer it out of curiosity. So here is the conversation as it occurs yesterday:

Me: Hello?
Caller: Hi, is Jeffrey Millner there? (first sign this is a political call-they ask for the full name of the registered person)
Me: No, he's not.
Caller: Oh, then may I speak to Jeff Millner please?(second sign I'm dealing with an idiot)
Me: Nope. You can't.
Caller: Are you sure I can't speak with Jeffrey Millner?
Me: Well it depends.
Caller: Depends on what Ma'am (third mistake-the dufus just called ME ma'am)
Me: On who this is, why you want to talk to him & if I can dig him out of the backyard fast enough for you to talk to him in time before he suffocates.
Caller: So he's busy right now? (really? are you kidding me here?)
Me: Yup, I'd say he's busy.
Caller: Well then, can I talk to you? Me:Depends. Caller: Depends on what ma'am?
Me: Depends on how long you can keep asking me this.
Caller: So you'll talk to me?
Me: Nope.
Caller: Oh, I'm sorry. I'm calling from the Republican National committee & I'm looking to speak with Jeffrey Millner.
Me: Really?
Caller: Yes Ma'am I am. Can I talk to him? (you get the feeling I'm not dealing with someone who's elevator goes to the top floor?)
Me:I don't know, can you?
Caller: Um, ok ... MAY I talk with Jeffrey Millner ma'am?
Me: Nope. (this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then work, I really need to answer the home phone more during the day!)
Caller: pretty please?
Me: Nope. He's at work.
Caller: You just said he was out in the back yard.
Me: And I also implied that I buried him & he was suffocating & that went right over your head so sarcasm is obviously NOT one of your finer points so I'm opting for honesty since you'll probably not believe that either.
Caller: So he's not there? Me: Nope. Caller: So can I talk to you then?
Me: Nope.
Caller: Why not ma'am? Me: Because you didn't say the magic words. Caller: But I did say pretty please.
Me: Not for me you didn't, for Jeff you did.
Caller: May I plese speak with you then ma'am? Me: Nope. Caller:( at this point he is nearly in tears) ok, I said the magic words, I'm calling from the Republican National committee & would like to speak with Jeffrey Millner or you about how you're going to vote in this upcoming election.
Me: Son, did you say that all in one breath?
Caller: Yes ma'am I did. Can we talk?
Me: I don't know Joan Rivers, can we?
Caller: I'm not Joan Rivers!
Me: Look young man, there is no reason for you to take that tone with me and raise your voice at me for no good reason when I politely took your call today.
Caller: (sigh) I'm sorry ma'am. May I please.....
Me: Nope. You can't. Do you even know my name? Caller: I called Jeffrey... Me: Yes, you called Jeffrey, you didn't call ME. My name isn't Jeffrey so why should I talk to you?
Caller: Thank you for your time ma'am.
Click.

You know, the youth of today are so impatient & rude. I can keep this up for hours

Labels:

Comments on "Ring Ring- Hello?"

 

Blogger Mia said ... (1:54 AM) : 

There are times u scare me woman. lmao

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:55 AM) : 

I completely agree. They have no idea how to handle polite sarcasm with a hint of degradation! I really don't know why it comes so naturally to me...and you! lol

 

post a comment