Kuma's Place: Today's Political Call Update
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Today's Political Call Update

Today's update on the political calls. You'd think they'd have learned to use ONLY the robo dialer here, but noooooooo. If you've donated to the RNC, you get the "privilege" of a "live" phone call from the Wasington headquarters. I found out my hubby has donated in the past. Yup- I nipped THAT in the bud. ahem, today's call ( I just can't make this up)Ring Ring ( I saw the same # on the caller ID & GLEEFULLY answered it)
Me: Hello?
Caller: Good Afternoon, this is Jody with the Republican National Committee in Washington DC. May I please speak with Jeffrey E. Millner or Mrs. Millner please? ( I see she's been warned about me? huh).
Me: Hello Jody with the RNC, why?Caller: Is this Mrs. Millner?Me: No it's not.
Caller: Oh, is Jeffrey or Mrs. Millner there?
Me: No they are not, is there something I can't help you with?Caller: (pause of silence)Uhhm... Me: Um is not a word my dear, try for something more articulate please.
Caller: Uhm...(in a whisper) oh dear god it's her! (I KID YOU NOT!)
Me: And I repeat, uhm is not a word.
Caller: My I please speak with a registered vote living at that address?
Me: Oh sure you may my dear. (and I wait....silently for hr to say anything at all.)
Caller: oh, cool........
Me: Would you like to speak with me now or by the time the votes are cast in November?
Caller: uhm, uhm....
Me: Dear, keep up or take notes. You're Jody calling from the RNC in Washington DC & you would like to speak with a registered voter living at this address.
Caller: oh oh, yes! Is Jeffrey or Mrs. Millner there please?
Me: No they aren't may I take a message?
Caller: well, uhm, if they aren't there & I am talking to a registered voter at this address, then who are you?
Me: Sweetheart, YOU called MY house, so you tell me WHO are you looking for?
Caller: (I can hear the sob in her throat at this point) Jeffrey or Mrs. Millner please? (she ended that in a near whisper! God I am so loving this at this point).
Me: Well I'm sorry, but Jeff is at work and Mrs. Millner is registered to vote under her home address not ours... at least she'd better be!
Caller: But, But, but....
Me: You're repeating yourself my dear.
Caller: If you are a registered voter at that address aren't you Mrs. Millner?
Me: Nope. That's my husband's mother. Now is there something I can help you with?
Caller: Can we talk? (and I hear in the background...DON'T say that to HER!)
Me: Obviously there is an echo on this line because Jody, I swear I hear extra verbiage breaking in on this line. And no you may not speak with me. You did not call here asking for me, you asked for Jeff or Mrs. Millner. Sorry, you lose. Have a nice day. Shall we try again in another day or so?

Click.
I am a registered voter, at this address in fact. But she kept asking for Jeffrey or Mrs. Millner. My name legally is not Millner. It's Spivey-Millner. So in all fairness, she wasn't asking for me.. but my mother-in-law. Hey, She doesn't live here. So I wasn't lying in my response of they weren't there & no, you can't talk to me because you didn't ask for me. It's semantics, but it's fun.

Labels:

Comments on "Today's Political Call Update"

 

Blogger Mia said ... (1:53 AM) : 

uh huh you took lessons from my mother didn't you?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:48 AM) : 

Thats awesome! And so very you! LOL. Of course, I have done very similar things myself. We didn't know each growing up did we? lol

 

post a comment