Kuma's Place: But it's a DRY Heat
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

But it's a DRY Heat


I went to Scottsdale, Arizona last week for a work meeting. I stayed here. This is the view from my balcony. Nice huh? That's Camel back Mountain. The tale is a camel was walking along one day & decided to lay down & take a nap. It's been there ever since. Peyote smokers. LOL. Seriously, if you are driving towards it from the other side- it really does look like a camel's back. I enjoyed my short 3 day stay there. I usually do like Arizona. Just not in the summer. The pharmaceutical companies that sponsor these meetings always pick places in the off months so they get a really great deal. Like Arizona in the summer (it was 110 degrees in the shade people!), Florida during the steamy hot hurricane months, Connecticut in the winter (no snow for skiing-just drizzly wet coldness), Puerto Rico during the hot steamy rainy season, you get the picture right?
And to top it all off, there was a dinner the first night, outside. Yes I said OUTSIDE! Fuckers. A lot of the people there were from the northeast or eastern Canada. They could not stand the heat or the warm breeze. Those of us from Florida & other southeast regions were OK with it-to a point. It's hot, but it's a DRY heat folks. Those of us from the SE are used to heat. humid, moist, sticky, uncomfortable heat. Because of the lack of moisture though, most everyone ended up with bloody nostrils every time they sneezed. Except for those from the area or t hose who have been there before. Like me. I use Simply Saline Mist as needed when I'm out west. Those poor fools that didn't have it & the resort's sundry shop sold out of it pretty quickly, ouch for them. There is a gel form of this stuff- I just can't see wiping it up in there. Nice.

Labels:

Comments on "But it's a DRY Heat"

 

Blogger Mia said ... (4:58 AM) : 

I use that too! So it's dry heat? Yeah yeah yeah and man I hate when people say that to me. Heat is heat dammit!

 

post a comment