Kuma's Place: He's either going to be a doctor or a grave robber!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

He's either going to be a doctor or a grave robber!




My nephew Chase is a precious & precocious little guy. I love him & feel he can do no wrong. Understand what I just said: He can do NO wrong in my eyes! With that said, I want to tell you why this little pipsqueak is either going to grow up & work in the medical field or be a grave robber. Either way, I back him 100%! But if it's the medical field-his parents are paying that freaking tuition bill not me!
A few months ago, he was at his preschool & he hid from the teacher. This caused some heart failure on every one's part! When his daddy (my brother) picked him up that day & had a talk with the teacher Miss Danielle, oh boy did Chase get the "LOOK" from his daddy. On the car ride home, he got the "LECTURE". Those two things were always a big deal in our house growing up. The LOOK and the LECTURE. Not that it phases this guy any. He just smiles at his daddy, gives him a thumbs up & says "you betcha dad!" I love it! My mom tells my brother Rob that when our oldest brother Mike was that age, he ran away from home with a pail & a shovel to the nearest graveyard. Mike was intent on finding him "some bones". Chase Michael is named for his Uncle Mike. Go figure.

This morning my brother Rob comes to my office to help me out for the day with blood draws. He tells me that Chase asked him about the 9 firefighters that died in South Carolina recently in that furniture store fire. He told Chase that they all died in the fire. Here is Chase' response to that:
Chase:"Can you take me up there to see them?"
Rob:"Go see who Tiger?"
Chase:" The firemen that died."
Rob: "They all burned up buddy, they're just bones now."
Chase: " Can I go see the bones?"
Rob: "Why would you want to see their bones Chase?"
Chase: "Cause that's cool & bones are neat!"

I'm so proud of him! LOL! Robert says Mike & I & our mom influenced this little guy too much. I asked Rob if maybe his job of working the Life Flight helicopter & the trauma center might have had something to do with it. Rob disagrees. He blames all of us.

What can I say? Blood & bones & guts don't gross any of us out either. Carrie wants Chase to grow up to be something important or get into a wealthy profession. Grave robbing could be lucrative! The black market for body parts is "alive" so to speak & flourishing well from what I hear! Carrie doesn't let me babysit the little guy anymore, or his baby brother for that matter. I don't know.

Labels: ,

Comments on "He's either going to be a doctor or a grave robber!"

 

Blogger Mia said ... (4:56 AM) : 

Hmmm maybe he can be an ME eh? That way he'll have the best of both worlds!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 PM) : 

I think your sister-in-law is a wise woman! LMAO!!!
There's always archeology!;)

Kimber

 

Blogger Not a Granny said ... (4:29 AM) : 

I like that..archeology! Bones, artifacts, all the good stuff, and can still be considered grave robbing!!

 

post a comment