Kuma's Place: He popped the Question
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

He popped the Question

I was sitting at breakfast this morning, partaking of the intravenous feed of my early am news reports (cause I'm a news junkie) when he popped the question to me. One of the cats was on the counter next to me staring intently into my bowl, waiting patiently for his turn (or my inattention) to snake his paw onto the rim & ease the bowl towards himself so that he could enjoy my yogurt (cause he's an asshole like that). My spoon was raised halfway to my mouth when I heard Jeff utter those fateful word that would forever change my morning:

Want to go to the flea market this weekend? We haven't been in a while & it might be fun to peruse the aisles.

You have to realize that this will haunt me throughout the upcoming days until we can actually go to the flea market! I swear it will. I LOVE flea markets. Not because I want to buy anything, because I rarely do (besides a lemonade-it's my flea market ritual). But I absolutely freaking LOVE people watching. And there is no better place to people watch then a large indoor/outdoor flea market. OK, go to a 24 hour Walmart at about 11pm on a Friday night-all the freaks start coming in then (yeah, and I'm there at that time so I would know it takes one to recognize one!)

I can feel the itching starting on my arms, the inner cravings coming upon me for a taste of flea market voyeurism. I have been so good for MONTHS! I haven't been any where near a flea market since........ oh hell, since a year ago at the very least! Now, it's all I can think about! And it's ONLY Tuesday! How in the hell am I going to make it to Saturday without busting something??????? For the love of God man! Why in the hell did you bring up a flea market jaunt so early in the week????
Sigh. Getting over something like this is way harder then nicotine cravings ever were!

Labels:

Comments on "He popped the Question"

 

post a comment