Kuma's Place: There's A Reason I Never Wanted To Have Kids
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 27, 2007

There's A Reason I Never Wanted To Have Kids

There is. I had forgotten it, and was actually considered asking hubby if he wanted to try for a little girl or something. You know, like lottery tickets & shit, there is always a belief that you'll get a winner! After this weekend, I remembered why I vowed never to give birth to something that I'd end up paying out the ASS for as well as threatening to kill on a regular basis!
Yup, it was our weekend to have my stepson. Ordinarily he's a great kid. I swear! I've known him since he was 5 years old and usually, dealing with his typical little boy tantrums is easily ignorable and even laughable. NOT LATELY! Oh My God! I could not wait for Monday 7am to roll on in & escape! I don't know what has come over this child as of late! He has ADD and him being on his medication is a catch 22. Yes he's focused and not hyper when he's on it, but he gets mean while he's on it. I've been asking hubby to take the kid to see his pediatrician & get a referral to a new therapist & see what other meds are on the market for him. I'm ALL for that! He needs it. He's a sweet kid for the most part but the last few days......meh. He's got this absolute hatefulness in him & he's letting it out in bipolar regularity! One minute he's all sweet & fun & behaving. Then POW! He's a basket case telling his father he hates him cuz dad won't let him stay up past 9pm on a school night, throwing dramatic hissy fits about the color of his school shirt, crying jags on the phone to his mom saying his father spends no time with him. And that's after hubby just read with him for 30 minutes AFTER playing a game with him for an hour AFTER family dinner time AFTER... you see where this is going?
And it's not like this happens at just our house & he's all smiles & butterflies with his mom. She banned him from Runescape for the last 5 weeks for his temper & his back talk to her! Granted, she lets him sleep in her bed every night, which in my opinion isn't particularly healthy for him at 9. But it's not just us that he's like this with.
I couldn't wait to go to bed last night! The quicker in bed, the faster the morning comes, the faster my ass is at work & away from the temper tantrums! I like to enjoy a few minutes of wind down quality time with hubby in the evening after junior is in bed. But getting that last night was out! Damnit! I just went to bed. What was the point in it? Junior said this morning that there was so much noise in the house that he couldn't sleep? Ummm no! I went to bed & the dogs were asleep on the floor in the master bedroom & all 4 cats wee sound asleep in bed with me. It's just his excuse for being a little shit. I told Jeff this morning any thoughts I had of maybe a child of our own: GONE! I don't need this shit! Besides (unless it was a little girl, and even then) he'd be a horrid little brat towards any new child in the house since he'd feel like it was his duty to act like an asshole. You can't make this kid happy even if you give him the world because he'd expect more, instantly!

Yup, this was a not so gentle reminder of why I vowed never to have a child. It's not like I'm missing anything. besides, it gives me more money in the long run.

Labels: ,

Comments on "There's A Reason I Never Wanted To Have Kids"

 

post a comment