Kuma's Place: He's Becoming Domesticated
My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

A stroke survivor living in Florida & working at getting back to being "me". I write for me because if I don't, the top of my head may just blow off from all the pressure in the there! It will never win any awards but it's enough to amuse me & that's all that matters.

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

He's Becoming Domesticated


It brought a tear to my eye when I heard from a friend that he wanted to buy a vacuum cleaner. I was so proud of him! Now, if I could get him to do his own laundry....yeah fat chance of that.
He emailed me the other day asking my opinion on vacuum cleaners-you know, me being the domestic goddess that I am (jealous aren't you? Yeah, I hear the envy oozing from your voice-don't try to hide it!) I gave him my opinion on several makes & models & he sent me a link to a canister one. I don't remember which one exactly now- a Eureka or something (yes, I know this is a picture of a Hoover model. Cut me some slack ok?) I was just so pleased that A- he was going to buy one and B-he asked MY opinion on it. I felt honored. Of course I promptly gave him shit about doing his own laundry, remember this guy?
He tells me that he's finally ready to take better care of his apartment, you know, because he's growing up. Yes, my eyes are rolling here. snickering. OK, I'm just proud of the fact that he wants to own a vacuum! What scares me is he's lived there for over 5 years I think & this is his FIRST vacuum! WTF???? Yes my OCD is making me titch right now. I want to go up there & scrub his place down from floor to ceiling, vacuum EVERYTHING, wash windows, floorboards, the kitchen floor.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! twitch twitch twitch.
I am proud of him though. It's a start.

Labels:

Comments on "He's Becoming Domesticated"

 

post a comment